Compared to last year, this summer has been quite disappointing and these endless grey days can get a girl down!
So what to do to lift up the mood? Well here is a list of my 10 favourite things about summertime living. They don’t all need the sun to be shining to do them, but of course it’s so much nicer if it’s a blue sky day…
1) Enjoy a nice glass of something chilled, overlooking the Dorset coast;
2) A walk around Chichester Cathedral and the Bishops Palace Gardens. There is something very peaceful about this place;
3) The opportunity to take myself to Bowood Hotel and Spa to do some work with a friend – why not treat yourself to some first class service… we all deserve it once in a while (and a pot of tea doesn’t cost the earth either!);
4) Take a day to wander around the beautiful gardens and grounds at RHS Wisley but be warned, there is a fabulous plant sale section so leave room in the car for some ‘garden additions’;
6) Make sure you have a week of rest and relaxation away from the stresses and strains of life. Sometimes we have a ‘holiday at home’ which can be every bit as good as going away, but we do love France and if we can, we like to visit most years. Last year we discovered this little hideaway in Brittany (and it was an absolute bargain!) so this year we are going back for a return visit;
10) Have a walk into your nearest town and look at all the floral displays. I particularly love this one of Calne, taken last year when it was awarded ‘Gold’ in the ‘Britain in Bloom’ awards;